Tuesday 27 November 2012

A LETTER TO CONSCIENCE




Dear Conscience,

I know we've come a long way and you've been in my life for as long as I can remember but it's time for us to go our separate ways. You spring up from no where and dominate me, dominate my mind, my soul, often times my mouth.  But at this stage of my life, I will not be needing you anymore. I'm tired of you running the show. In the past, i felt this certain peace whenever you surfaced, you made me feel guilty whenever I erred and immediately, I straightened up every situation because i hated the guilt i felt.I was glad I did have you - Conscience.

However, there a million reasons why I will not be needing you in my life anymore. You too dey koba me, Yes, I said it! You've landed me in trouble a million times. Remember Juwon? Yes, Juwon my bestest friend, the only person in the world  that understood me. Remember her? Her bubbling laughter? Her crazy jokes? Well guess what?  I wont be hearing all that anymore. All thanks to you. I wish you never popped up at that very hour. I wish I  never told Juwon i saw Kayode  kissing her cousin at liquid lounge on Tuesday. That was the love of her life, he could do no wrong in her eyes, he made her smile, he was her everything. But you, yes you! had to surface, surface at a time i swear i didnt need you! You proved  yet again, you were way stronger than me, I couldn't even control my thoughts, let alone my lips. Now I've ruined everything for her. Her December wedding will no longer take place. But that's not what hurts, it's the fact she can no longer stand me, she said and I heard her clearly 'why did you have to tell me this?' I should have turned a blind eye and said nothing.

As if that was not enough! I've been the joke in my office for weeks. No one talks to me anymore, not even Moria, the cleaner.  My colleagues can't stand me, perhaps i shouldn't have told oga it was Mr. Kolapo that took her cold water from the fridge. You know very well how oga gets when she's upset? Mr. Kolapo was her scapegoat that day. I should have once again turned a blind eye. Everyone's been calling me names 'gbeborun' 'gbefila'. I hate this! I hate being the reject! These are people I'll be spending almost 10 hours with everyday.How do I fix this?

Conscience, there are so many other things you've messed up in my life. But right now, here's a few I can  remember. I will no longer let you push me around! Henceforth, you will cease taking over  my thoughts, my words and my actions! You shall have no authority over me, your reign is over! Find another heart to dominate, i've decided to go the other route! It seems to me that makes more sense!

Goodbye.

NB:This write up is fictional!

Some of you like me have learnt the hard way with revealing things to people, even to the people closest to you. You wish you never spilled because everything kinda backfired. So I ask, is it better to shut up and mind your business, or spill either way even though you know the news would kill the person? Please drop a line......,

12 comments:

  1. Fuck conscience! I threw dat bitch in d lagoon years ago!(Evil laugh) I dnt give a fuck abt no one! I mind my bizness all d way!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck conscience! I threw dat bitch in d lagoon years ago!(Evil laugh) I dnt give a fuck abt no one! I mind my bizness all d way!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mehn!bisodun ur an idiot for telling ur frnd about er cheating man, I must say. Daleru! Tule tule oshi! And u knew she was getting married in dec? Ur a witch! Me I sha always mind my business wen its man mata. You 2 mind urs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude chill na! Dent u read the last bit? It's FICTIONAL

      Delete
    2. Hahahahahaha!!! Lmao! #kbye

      Delete
  4. Barrister Bisodun is bak n beta!...hawter n rigidly blunt!...#kudos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same, told my friend her boyfriend was cheating. Didn't affect their relationship, they still continued and were happier than ever. You don't have to regret telling her, they didn't break up coz he cheated. They broke up coz Juwon couldn't overlook a mistake. Once my conscience wants something done, I do it. Regrets would always happen, but I can deal with that

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is better to Spill the news, always obey conscience. Never keep a secret that will hurt people more later.
    Lol! The office incident ws totally unnecessary yu culd ve shut up. Lol.
    But Juwon's case would have been worse if she found out after her wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It pays 2 tell and also it pays not 2, my friend was gettin married 2 a guy dat was toastin me, he knew we were close friends, but I did not tell her anythin, although dey are married now, I pray she never finds out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chei! Some of una no get sense sha! This story is fictional nw! okay lemme translate- alo yi kii shey ooto(yoruba),this tori no be true ooo(pigeon). anywayz me I mind my bizness 4 sure.a lot f people r dumb so b careful wat u say 2 dem, dey jst mite misinterprete.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate my conscience it slows my life down. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only non-virgin in the world, but everytime I have sex, I want to die. I'm going to say goodbye to my conscience too. It doesn't stop me from having sex, it only fills me with regrets after. Screw conscience!!!!! And for your question.. I think it is better to just ignore shut up and mind one's business

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to tell but sometimes i keep my mouth shut! Its not everything the eye sees the mouth must say. Though the christian thing to do would be to tell. At the end of the day, we are our loved ones keeper.

    You are wonderful writer Bisodun


    www.spynaija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete