Thursday 2 August 2012

NOT SO ANONYMOUS!





Although I'm not anonymous, I reckon some of you don't know me, so I'll be doing a lil intro.

My name is Bisodun, unique right? I know........ And of course it keeps the questions coming, "why Bisodun, shouldn't it be Biodun?"  "when were you born?" Okay so those questions are kinda allowed but..... Some questions are just so hilarious. A couple of people have asked if Bisodun is the female version of Biodun, lol!. At the end of the day,  I smile whenever people gush about how unique my name is.  Also, some people ask how my parents  came up with the name. You want to know? Please don't laugh..... So one day, I was feeling rather inquisitive, I asked my mother why they named me "Bisodun". She said " I'll be honest but don't take offense o!. She said the truth was that after having three "pikins" before me, they had run out of names! My jaw dropped, It couldn't be!  She continued "but thank God it was sallah day(islamic festival) so it was very easy to name you "something".  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry after her confession. Oh well.... That's the story behind my name!

I am a Nigerian-based lawyer with a passion for writing and fashion. I've been writing since I was 5. Back then, I would scribble down short stories on a note book, draw  images and color them. I've always had a thing for writing which is why I've opted  to start my own blog.

So what's my blog about? It's  basically a collection of my intrepid thoughts. You see, i'm a thinker, when I'm not talking, i'm thinking. I'm also very observant. I get a lot of inspiration from events happening around me and I simply put them in writing. For me, this blog is an avenue to ask questions about the lil things that bother me, I'm a learner!.

My aim is to create an atmosphere for people from different works of life to have sincere chat sessions about  different pressing issues in our society and maybe being unidentified would make it a lot easier for you to air your views. It's amazing how knowledgeable people are, please don't keep all that information to yourself, do share!

Stay tuned for more about me!!!!

Note

Are you creative? Do you write poetry or short stories? Care to share? This is an opportunity to show off your talent! Once in a week, I 'll be doing a guest feature. Feel free to be anonymous(wink!)

Also, are there issues bothering you? Let's discuss it here!

Email me- bonabokun@gmail.com

21 comments:

  1. Love your post as usual, but this one's clearly different cos its quite personal. Being that im not yoruba, il have to ask what is the meaning of your name 'Bisodun' and what distinguishes it from the name 'Biodun'? bless..Obk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun. There's no diffrence between Bisodun and Biodun, the only difference is the 's' actually,lol! They have the same meaning which is "born during a festival" it's usually given to children born during festive periods such as Christmas, easter and salllah(Islamic festival) . Do u have names like this in your ethnic group?

      Delete
  2. Lol my bday mate should have been named Bisodun aswell draat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is 9ce, well atleast its a unique name

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and all but as far as am concerned you are still anonymous.Why don't you put up your picture then we know it real lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. U didn't tell us a lot abt urself o! Y r u codin? Nice name. I like ur blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that u in that pic? Ps can u show us a real pic of u, so we can at least put a face to this talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I like yur name Abisodun lovely name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I was just wondering if u have considered writing a novel since u like writing? Nigerians need to cultivate the habit of reading. I am a great supporter of Nigerian writers. Please I think you should take another step, if you haven't. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry Bisodun but pls permit me to laugh hahahahahahahahaha @ the reason u re named Bisodun I love ur mum 4 bin honest dou *smile* u dnt know me but I know a few abt u cos u write well nd in person u re also a wonderful person someone who knows u comes back home nd fill me in with wonderful stories about u.keep beingn good u never know where it pays off,will like to meet u in person soon av bin wanting to b4 I came abt ur blog sef*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. And for all u who wants a picture! U wnt read d blogs no more cos d reason u ll want to pop in dis page is cos of her breath taking beauty!!! She's damn! Gorgeous!!!(Aponbepore)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lmao.. mummy ooo very wonderful woman. Abiso, very pretty geh *smile* i remember the first time your mum introduced us??? everyone shud please listen!!! abisodun has got a good heart.#gbam#

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bisodun luv, didn't know d history of ur name as per hausa chick tot bisodun was jst anoda yoruba name.......but come to tink of it only u have nr come across dat name else where.....so dat is noted......am a witness to d stories you writes can u remember the stories u wrote when we were in SS2 and would read to us, we jst be laffing am so xcited to read up on all d gist u have to give us in ur blog.....nice one babe..... Fatima aka FAXIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahahahahahahahahahaha biso so all these years and am just knowing the reason behind your name. i remember in sec skool we once asked you y bisodun but as usual u had to be very witty and say cos am special(disgo)....loool...but this is nice i luv ur blog...pls support my girl xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. For the records, 4th of August is her bday, so y'all should wish this talented blog owner a Happy Birthday tomrw, 'smile'. Miss BBBBBBBBB.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yaaaaaaaay! Happy bday in advance luvvy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy bday Bisodun! Have a funfilled day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Errrm Miss B 1stly ur detail is 2 shallow....no surname etc etc 2ndly ds ur commenters can gbagaun shaaaa...#justanobservation! Don't kill me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. madam or bros, look very well at the end of her details/post and see her name and her surname! and stop criticising the commenters like you called us.. #justanobservation#

      Delete
  18. Miss B! Keep on doing your thing on this blog. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 'BISODUN'. Hmmm, special name really, Bisodun.

    ReplyDelete